The global airborne L-band SATCOM market was valued $0.73 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach $1.22 billion in 2030, registering a CAGR of 5.6%.
PORTLAND, OR, UNITED STATES, December 15, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ — When an aircraft is outside of the coverage of conventional ground radar and stations, SATCOM is a speech and data service that allows aerial vehicles to connect with air traffic control and its airline operations center via satellite. Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAV), maritime patrol aircraft, commercial or military aircraft, and other airborne platforms use airborne L-band SATCOM systems to deliver IP-based, secure, or non-secure audio, data, video teleconferencing, and fax communication via satellite.
Download Report (350 Pages PDF with Insights, Charts, Tables, Figures) at https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/9566
Major Market Players:
• ASELSAN A.S.
• Ball Corporation
• Cobham Ltd
• Honeywell International Inc.
• Hughes Network Systems, LLC
• Inmarsat Global Limited
• Iridium Communications Inc.
• Raytheon Technologies Corporation
• Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
• Thales Group
• Viasat Inc.
The global airborne L-band SATCOM market is expected to witness growth in the estimated timeframe as a result of increased innovation, lower drone costs, and the development of compact, lightweight airborne satellite communication terminals. The demand for remote SATCOM systems for full-time, mission-critical operations has increased in the aviation industry. For instance, Get SAT unveiled their ultra-low-profile Ultra-Blade L-Band antenna in November 2018, which is compatible with any L-Band satellite. Get SAT’s solution allows for the downsizing of L-Band terminals, reducing package weight while increasing SATCOM capabilities. The need for airborne L-band SATCOM has increased as SATCOM components have gotten more lightweight and compact.
Key Market Segments
• By Platform
o Commercial Aircraft
o Wide-Body Aircraft
o Narrow-Body Aircraft
o Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
o Military Aircraft
• By Component
o Airborne Radio
o Modems and Routers
o SATCOM Radomes
o SATCOM Terminals
• By Application
o Government & Defense
• By Installation Type
o New Installation
The airborne L-band SATCOM market is segmented on the basis of platform, component, application, installation type, and region. The airborne L-band SATCOM market is segmented by platform into commercial aircraft, wide-body aircraft, narrow-body aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, military aircraft, and others. Based on component, it is further divided into transceivers, airborne radio, modems and routers, SATCOM radomes, SATCOM terminals, and others. Based on application, the market is segmented into government & defense, and commercial. On the basis of installation type, the airborne L-band SATCOM market is segmented into new installation and upgradation. Region-wise, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
• The COVID impact on the airborne L-band SATCOM market is unpredictable and it is expected to remain in force till the second quarter of 2021.
• Governments & local authorities opted for the use of drones for surveillance to prevent people from gathering. In addition, governments entered into numerous agreements with different companies for the implementation of L-band SATCOM services, which can operate on a wider location.
• Moreover, the nationwide lockdown forced the airborne L-band SATCOM provider to partially or completely shut their operations, which resulted in a loss in revenue.
• In addition to street surveillance, authorities are using airborne L-band SATCOM to broadcast messages & information about lockdown measures, especially in rural areas that lack open communication channels for health information.
Communications on the move (COTM) is one of the most important uses of satellite communication technology that delivers critical services to a variety of industries. COTM refers to moving aircraft, such as commercial, government, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), that are equipped with a satellite dish capable of establishing and maintaining communications with a satellite network while the aircraft is in motion. The demand for satellite-based airborne communications on the move (COTM) has emerged as a recent trend in both defense and commercial airborne communication systems. For military and commercial end-users, COTM offers critical applications for first responders, disaster recovery, emergency preparedness, remote access, and other applications. COTM solutions have become substantially more effective as a result of the introduction of high-powered L-band satellites with low gain antenna solutions, which were originally developed for the security and defense industries. For instance, Get SAT announced the launch of the Ultra-Blade L-Band antenna for on-the-go L-band airborne applications in November 2018. Operators and customers, both commercial and military, are seeking faster speeds and more competitive bandwidth rates.
Purchase Enquiry@ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/9566
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
• This study presents the analytical depiction of the global airborne L-band SATCOM market analysis along with the current trends and future estimations to depict imminent investment pockets.
• The overall airborne L-band SATCOM market opportunity is determined by understanding profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
• The report presents information related to the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities of the global airborne L-band SATCOM market with a detailed impact analysis.
• The current drone service market is quantitatively analyzed from 2021 to 2030 to benchmark financial competency.
• Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers in the industry.
Name: David Correa
Email: Send Email
Organization: Allied Market Research
Address: 5933 NE Win Sivers Drive #205, Portland, OR 97220 United States
About Allied Market Research
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP, based in Portland, Oregon. AMR provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.
AMR introduces its online premium subscription-based library Avenue, designed specifically to offer cost-effective, one-stop solution for enterprises, investors, and universities. With Avenue, subscribers can avail an entire repository of reports on more than 2,000 niche industries and more than 12,000 company profiles. Moreover, users can get an online access to quantitative and qualitative data in PDF and Excel formats along with analyst support, customization, and updated versions of reports.